The Income Tax Deadline is the 13th November 2014.
Pay & File 2014 – What do I need to do and when?
If you are within the self-assessment system, by 31 October (or by the extended deadline – 13th November 2014, if you use Revenue’s Online Service (ROS) you must:
- Send a completed income tax return form for 2013 to Revenue.
- Pay the balance of tax, PRSI, and USC due for 2013.
- Make a downpayment of tax, PRSI and USC in relation to 2014 (i.e. pay preliminary tax).
- To avail of the extended deadline both the return and payment must be made online on or before 14th November 2014.
- Revenue require some categories of taxpayers to pay and file online this year. You may have received correspondence from Revenue on this matter. Read more about Revenue’s mandatory efiling programme on their website.
It is important to prepare early for pay and file as calculation of income tax has become increasingly complex. Also the current economic climate can give rise to difficulties accessing funds to pay a tax bill. If you are unsure about calculating your liability call us now 014977651
Do I need to file a tax return?
In the main, if you are in receipt of income from sources which are not chargeable to tax under the PAYE system you may be required to file a tax return. See Revenue’s Guide to Self-assessment for more information.
Any self employed income earned in the calendar year 2013, whether it be from services provided, property letting, contract work etc., must be declared on the 2013 tax return, which is due to be filed by 31st of October 2014. Any potential tax liability paid must also be paid by this date.
Revenue will soon confirm the extended deadline date for those willing to file their tax returns online and pay any liability online. It is the 13th of November 2014.
How do I register for ROS?
Information on registering for ROS is available by clicking here or complete the this authorisation
It is important to give yourself adequate time [3 to 5 working days] to complete the registration process so that you will be able to file by the deadline date. The Revenue Online Services recommend that all new clients are linked as early as possible and certainly no later than Friday November 7th to ensure that their return will be accepted into ROS.
Call Now for a FREE Initial Consultation 014977651 or fill in in the contact form now and we will contact you
In order to allow us time complete your ROS registration, assist with your tax return and file same before the deadline please contact us immediately on 014977651
For Instant updates on Deadline Dates Join Us Now @Accountantsmcc
The Tax deadline is fast approaching what is your requirements for this year’s tax return. Have you got everything in order?
There are only a few weeks to go before October 31st, the busiest date in the Irish tax calendar and the deadline for a range of tax returns and payments. October 31st is an especially important date if you are self-employed or in receipt of rental or other non-PAYE income but it can also affect you even if all your income is from PAYE employment.
31 October 2014 is the deadline to:
- File a Form 11 Self-assessment Income Tax return for 2013
- Pay any remaining Income Tax liability for 2013
- Pay Preliminary Tax liability for 2014
- File a 2013 Capital Gains Tax Return, if you have made a Capital Gain in 2013.
- File a Capital Acquisitions Tax Return if you received a Gift or Inheritance in the period from 1 September 2013 to 31 August 2014.
- Pay a Capital Acquisitions Tax liability arising from a Gift or Inheritance in the period from 1 September 2013 to 31 August 2014.
- Pay Domicile Levy and file a Domicile Levy Form DL 1 tax return.
- Make a backdated RAC, AVC and PRSA pension payment to claim tax relief for 2013.
It’s worth noting that the 31 October deadline affects all classes of taxpayers, not just the self-employed or those on high incomes. If you think you need to file a return, or make a tax payment this October, call us Now 014977651 for a Free Initial Consultation
If you are not fully clear on all aspects of your tax position, do not worry call or email us now so we can let you know if you need to file a Tax Return or not.