Business Name Registration
Our Business Name Registration package costs only €49 plus VAT (includes CRO outlay). This includes all registration fees due to the Companies Registration Office.
If you find a cheaper price – we will match it!
Take The First Step – Fill in the form below to check name availability. More information on the requirements for registration of a business name can be found below.
Registration of a business name in Ireland is obligatory if any individual or partnership (whether composed of individuals or bodies corporate or any combination of both) or any body corporate carries on business under a name other than their own true names. Its purpose is to make public the identities of those individual(s), partnerships or corporate bodies being the legal entity behind the business name.
Specifically registration of a business name is required if:
- an individual uses a business name which differs in any way from his/her true surname. It makes no difference whether the individuals first name or initials are added. So registration is
required if, for example, Mr. John Murphy traded as Murphy Builders but not if he traded as Murphy or John Murphy)
- a firm uses a business name which differs in any way from the true names of all partners who are individuals and the corporate names of all partners which are bodies corporate;
- a company uses a business name which differs in any way from its full corporate name;
- a person having a place of business in the State carries on the business of publishing a newspaper;
- or an individual who wishes to register a .ie domain name