Unsure if you need to file an income tax return or not? With just 6 days left to file your tax return for the year 2010 – you are probably asking yourself “Do I need to file a tax return?”

Generally, speaking you are required to submit a personal tax return Form 11 or Form 12 if:

• You are self employed – did you start a business or receive any non paye income in the year 2010? • You are a director and own more than 15% of a company – did you become a Director of a company in 2010?

• You are in receipt of rental income – did you start to rent a property in 2010 or receive rental income from a room you are renting in your home?

• You are in receipt of investment income (e.g. dividends etc.) did you receive any dividends or deposit interest in 2010?

• You received share options from your employer – did your shares options received from your company vest or mature in 2010?

• You are in receipt of other non PAYE income (e.g. foreign income etc.) which is greater than €3,174? More confused ? Don’t be…….

If you are unsure whether you need to file an income tax return or if you have any concerns about your tax returns please contact us for a FREE Initial Consultation info@mccarthyaccountants.com or 014977651